Gregg Richter here, joined the site in 2004 but did not become active until just a month or so ago. I "met" Gary by e-mailing him about my SCI #1 Handgun Mule Deer and he bought my story and also another one on the Kimber 1911 .17 Mach 2 and published them in the Fall 2005 Handgun Hunter Magazine issue. I have talked to Gary on the phone literally for hours and he has shared his time and knowlege very graciously and I commend him IMMENSELY for what he has done and IS doing for Handgun Hunting, especially this GREAT website.

In 1987 I originated and still coordinate the annual Handgun Hunters International Antelope Hunt on the Durham Ranch in Wyoming and we are now in our 23rd year with 625 antelope kills with handguns to our credit on this hunt. That is not a typo.

I worked with the Colorado Wildlife Commission in 1985 and 1986 to get handgun hunting legalized in Colorado for all big game species, and then more recently for muzzle loading handguns to be legalized during regular rifle season.

I do some outfitting (since 1988) for deer and elk for both rifle and handgun hunters, but only on a limited basis and on private land. Hence my website name here: "Stallion West;" it is the name of my outfitting business, Stallion West Outfitters, and I also do business under the name "Little Gun Outfitters," for the handgun part.

I started handgun hunting in the seventies and have taken antelope, mule and whitetail deer, caribou, elk and many species of small game with handguns but do not discriminate against rifles. Actually, I hunted coyotes professionally in the eighties and early nineties with a Remington 788 22-250 (w/Leupold 3X9 and the whole rifle including scope spray painted with camo paint) for the fur market and have over 300 kills on coyotes, including a dozen or more with handguns. Not that this is any kind of record but it means something to me. All were fair chase.

Now 58 yo my goal is to help my son Joe to the best of my ability to enjoy and commence successfully in his handgun hunting career. We have a rare and wonderful bond here and I am very thankful.

I will close with this: Again Gary, keep up the good work and thanks to all you fellow handgun hunters that keep this site informative as well as interesting, to say the least!

And if I may say so: God Bless all of you!