Whitworth, as a matter of fact I just bought 200 CP 360gr bullets to experiment with. Hopefully they will get here today or tomorow. I'll definately get back to you and let you know how they worked.

jwp475, so far, I have had very good results using the Barnes 200gr XPB in terms of both accuracy and penetration. Although I have not used this bullet to take an animal, I have used and have seen many others use this bullet as well as various other lighter, jacketed bullets out of handguns, rifles and muzzelloaders with great success. I have also seen fellow hunters use cast bullets with great success as well. In my opinion, when hunting whitatails and black bear (the only legally taken big game species living where I hunt) and other lighter, think skinned game, a light, expanding bullet that penetrates more than enough to kill the animal quickly, is flat shooting and is very accurate is the best choice. When I go after animals that are extremely wide and/or dense, and penetration is my biggest concern, of course I would choose a slow, heavy solid, such as a CP 360gr GC.

Clearly both types of bullets will kill animals. Light, fast, flat shooting bullets are best for me and the game I hunt.

Good Hunting.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.