i havebeen debating this caleber for months.When funds become available I would like a new revolver.my considerations are 357 44mag or 45colt...
1) I do not care for recoil if it can be avoided, Ijust don't like to beat up my body wrist and shoulder damage do not sound fun
2)the largest game in my area are deer most in the 100-150 lb range well within the capabilities of all calibers i am considering.
3)cost and availability of ammo 357 or 38 ammo is all over and relatively cheap.44mag is also available but costs slightly more.good 45colt can be somewhat harder to find.

down side of 357...
1) black bear and moose are moving into my area and at sometime in the future maybe a viable option to hunt or defend against in the future. while a 357 is better than the single six i currently have for a general carry gun.The 357 could feel a little small against a mad moose or black bear.

2)I would like to go for a few western hunts when time and money permit.44 mag or 45colt would be much better on elk buffalo and brown bear.but then if i could afford to go hunt them i should also be able to afford a new gun for them.

what to do...life would be borring without choices.any suggestions???

Genesis chapter 1 verse 26

When shooting a single shot their are no warning shots.

Keith