I also think it's too small, my wife insisted on using a 222 the first year we hunted together because her dad had given it too her. If I remember correctly it was factory Rem ammo with a 90gr bullet. We came across a forked horn blacktail at about 30-40yds and being her first buck she got a bad case of buck fever and hit it in the guts, I ended up having to dump it with my 300. I realised while gutting it that it would have lived and even if she had hit it right I don't know for sure if it would have been enough gun. The bullet went between two ribs and into the stomach but didn't exit. The wound had no blood as the hole in the stomach and hide was tiny and plugged with partially digested grass and I'm sure it would have healed and he would have pooped out the bullet. I bought her a 270 and since then every shot has been perfect and everything she has shot at has dropped at the first shot.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist