Originally Posted By: s4s4u
The .460 Rowland throws a 230 at 1350 FPS which makes the "Super" less than super.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/rowland.htm

As The Author Points Out Twice In The "Real Guns" Article The Rowland Case From Starline Actually Has An Equal Powder Capacity To The "Super" Since The Cartridge LOA Must Be The Same & It Turns-Out To Have A Case Web That's Actually Thinner. It Also Worries Me That The Round Raises About 38,000 P.S.I. In A Gun That Was Designed For A Round That Raises About 21,000 P.S.I. To Be Honest You'd Probaly Get The Same Velocities And Energies From A "Super" That's Custom Built With A Similar 7 In. Barrel(Springfield Armory?). That Specially-Designed Recoil Arrester Feature Also Sounds Kind Of Unhealthy To Me Compared To All Other Automatic Guns Which Utilize The Natural-Motions Of Their Recoil Springs To Cycle Their Actions. That Reminds Me Of The Old "Cutts Compensator" Which Was Fitted-On The 1927 Model Thompson Sub-Machineguns Which Caused So Many Malfunctions The Military Gunsmiths Would Remove Each One They Encountered.

P.S.

I Value My Shooting Hand A Lot Since I Also Use It For Writing.