Quote:

One of the systems i came up with ....Here's what i came up with--

Wal-mart sells some soft-sided stadium-style seats that can be customized to allow for very accurate sitting shooting from a tall Harris bipod. If u look at the webbing they use to tighten the system up while sitting in it u'll see that the snap is not attached very close to the seat itself. If u resew it so it attaches closer to the seat, when sitting in it, it tightens up to your back real snugly, and PROVIDES EXCELLENT back support. With your legs brought up together, feet apart, the center grip HG fits snugly between your knees, and along with the tall bipod, it can be really steady, not far removed from a benchrest really. BUT DO NOT FIRE IT WITH THE BASE OF THE BIPOD PULLED AGAINST YOUR KNEECAPS! I did that once and never will again. Darn near pulled my kneecaps off upon recoil. I missed a dirt clod on a dirt bank couple years ago once using this system by 4" windage @ 1000 yds. with a center grip XP 6.5-284/3-12X Burris BP/tgt. turret.

I agree-- this really is a great topic. Fun to talk about.

SS - this sounds interesting but I am not sure i understand which seat you are using from Wal-Mart. Can you post a pic or give the manufacturer/model? Thanks. One more question... Where are you resting your arms, on your knees?