Greetings everyone, Dick Thompson here, I'm almost 65 & my wife & I reside in SE Idaho, a hunters paradise!
Texas is my second home, spent 4 yrs there in the AF in the 60's, our oldest 2 kids are Texans, that makes me part Texan!
Started hunting very early with rifles, kind of got tired of them & went to Ruger #1 single shots, had several, they also started to take the excitement out of the hunt so I started using single shot handguns, at one time had 41 barrels, mostly by Bullberry, Fred Smith, the owner & I hunted Africa in 2001 with handguns, I also used a FA 475, the single shots eventually lost their shine & I took another step backwards & went with nothing but revolvers. The 2-5 hundred yd shots with the single shots just took the fun out of it, at least for me.
I feel that no one really ever masters the revolver, its a challenge everytime I walk out the door, I shoot 4-5 times a week, year round. I've been fortunate to hunt Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, Utah, Texas, Montana, Alaska & Africa using handguns, it never looses its excitement with a revolver, I've never once regretted choosing & staying with a sixgun for the last several years, I've went home empty handed more than once but the excitement is always there. I truly would rather shoot a doe or a cow elk that a big buck or bull with anything else, just me.

Dick