Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: KRal
 Originally Posted By: Ed P 6989
Another thing is that I didn't crimp my loads. Could that be the culprit. The new loads I worked up were given a heavy crimp, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

That wouldn't have anything to do with, I wouldn't think. A crimp is just to keep a bullet from backing out during recoil, which has no effect on single shots.

That could have a lot to do with it. A tighter crimp will allow more pressure to build before the bullet leaves the case than a light or non crimp. This can affect MV, and MV deviations would explain vertical stringing.

I think y'all are misunderstanding what I was saying.

When I made this comment, I was refering to "uncrimped" as not being an accuracy problem. At the time of that statement he said he had not shot the heavy crimped loads, yet.

I have never crimped any of my loads for any of my T/C's and have never had an accuracy problem. It's very true if he's mixing crimped and uncrimped while shooting the the groups will very possibly be all over paper. I was just refering to him shooting uncrimped bullets in general. I was assuming he was shooting the same load as with he said the barrel was shooting great.

Last edited by KRal; 11/28/2009 2:55 AM.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.