Do you know...once upon a time I owned a DW model 44 with 6" (or was it 8"?) barrel. Of course, I had the wrench and could have also put any other barrel my heart may have desired on it.
Instead, I subsequently and temporarily lost my mind and traded it for something else and I don't even remember what at the moment. THAT was a nice wheelgun and should have ended up being classified as a "keeper". But, alas I too was once young, poor, and lusted after things that I did not have, and ended up trading things that I should have kept in order to get them.
Ahh...youth. To be young again...without the "stupid" factor!

Your proposal would be sound, except that I'm quite positive that I would fall head over heals for any DW 15-2 that found it's way home with me, thus making a trade unlikely.
Best that you just go ahead and buy that Flat top and try it out for me. It's probably no good, but I would want the opinion of another trusted old hand 1st.
By the way, speaking of no good single actions, do think that Cotton has tired enough of that .45 caliber paperweight that he bought last year to unload - err, sell it to me for my desk? Barrel's too short... and it never did shoot straight.
\:\)

Renster

"It's OK to be a sheep, as long as you appreciate the sheepdogs that make it possible"