dasbear,

Thank-you very much for the review. I am considering aquiring a BP handgun before this year's BP season (1st week November). I have looked at a number of them both in hand, as well as online for those models that are not in stock. I have held the Prohunter and questioned the very things that you mentioned that you changed. The sights, nipple and actually the fit/finish kinda put that model on the "maybe, but only if I can't find something I like better" list. I am very picky about quality as well as practicality. I would like to put the Lyman in my hand and hope to find one around to look over. I also liked the TC Scout pistol and of course the TC Patriot when they were in production. Both very high quality pistols suited for hunting (though I likely would not consider the Patriot as much because of it's .45 caliber. Prefer 50 or above for BP) I have not made up my mind by a long shot. Lots 'o lookin', studying and holding to do yet.
But, I was very interested in your post, and appreciate the info. Keep it comin'!

\:\)

Renster

"It's OK to be a sheep, as long as you appreciate the sheepdogs that make it possible"