They are as different as night and day. The Encore is a stout shooting platform that offers multiple barrel interchangability, but is very heavy and bulky, with a fat grip and long reach to the trigger. If you are thinking along those lines I would take the G-2 over the Encore any day even though it can't shoot as high pressure chamberings as the Encore.

The revolver is the perfect intermediate (0-150 yard) distance hunting platform, IMO. They can be had in everything from mild to wild. You have quick follow-up shot(s). Grips are available for varying hand sizes. A revolver is relatively compact, although the Smith X-Frames get a bit bulky, and can be carried on the belt out of the way. Some models have incorporated scope mounting that allows quick attachment and removal of optics without losing iron sights.

My SRH in .480 Ruger is my go-to gun these days, although my Bisley 45LC is not far away. I still carry a Contender in a shoulder rig on occasion, or a Striker or XP on a single point sling, but there is always a wheelgun on my belt.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.