First off, let me say that I am relatively new to handgun hunting, and learn something every time I come on this site it seems. I've hunted the last three years with a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt w/open sights. I was fortunate enough to take two deer with it out to 35 yards and was quite happy w/myself. I will admit, I was close minded about the T/C's and such, and thought they were an abomination to "real" handgunning. In the last two months I have expanded my horizons and now own an Encore in 7-08, and .22lr, and have a Contender in 30-30 on the way. For all the reasons mentioned above, especially reloading, which I enjoy as much or more than shooting, these guns have really grown on me. I realize I was close minded and now have something else to play with if you will. The accuracy is there, but it is a whole new endeavor to learn to shoot one of these guns in the field, at least up to their potential, and I have wholeheartedly accepted that challenge. I guess to sum it up, I was only hurting myself by snubbing these guns w/o at least giving them a try. I wont be getting rid of my sixguns by any means, but I'm glad I opened up to something new. And again, thanks to all you guys who contribute here, you are a wealth of knowledge that makes the learning curve a whole lot easier on those of us just starting out.

I went from pow to Boom. I love the BOOM!