You are correct regarding the status of hunting in the US. Many states now have more non-resident hunters than resident. As far as kids go, if dad/grandpa/uncle etc. has no place to hunt, where will the kids go???

It does no good to sit around and complain (been there/done that). What you CAN DO is go shooting or hunting at every opportunity with your friends or kids, and savor the moment. I like to shoot clays during the off-season, and it is hard to find guy's to go with. However, I find a few and enjoy each shoot.

As for how much equipment costs, or which particular "gadgets" you need to add to your loading bench, your budget should take care of that. Remember, although everone want to win the match,YOU are the only one you need to please. If you are not satified by your shooting scores or accuracy, then honestly decide if adding the more expensive gun or "gadgets" to your routine is worth the extra money, or if your ability is the problem.

I have seen the best top-flight guns ($$$)handed over to a novice, who then shot poorly (or worse)than the gun they were already using. There is simply NO replacement for practice if you choose to improve your game!