I had a couple of my S&W handguns that I use the most with open sights converted to a Gold Bead on a Partridge Blade several years ago by my Gunsmith. I liked the Gold Bead pretty well, however I have since changed both of them to Fiber Optic with a Green Pipe that I can see even better.
For precision shooting a Square Notch Rear, and Partridge Front are hard to beat shooting groups on paper, or where you can see your target well.
For low light and in a hurry I like fiber optic as they are easy to see against a dark background. I have a Ruger MKIII Hunter with a V Notch rear sight, and Square Notch rear sights on 2 Smith & Wessons. I shoot both rear sights pretty well, however I think I like the V Notch a little better with the fiber optic front sight. Not enough that I have changed the back sight blades yet on the Smith & Wessons so far.

I will probably install Marble's fiber optic front sights made for Redhawks & Super Redhawks on my Super Redhawks sooner or later. At $17.50 from Midway that is an affordable improvement that you can do yourself with no problem.

MARBLE'S FRONT SIGHT
Super Redhawk 44 Magnum (Green) (Ht 0.390) Pt.# 320-817
Super Redhawk 44 Magnum (Orange) (Ht 0.390) Pt.# 318-076
Super Redhawk 480 Ruger (Green) (Ht 0.332) Pt.# 334-505
Super Redhawk 480 Ruger (Orange) (Ht 0.332) Pt.# 331-961
Super Redhawk 454 Casull (Green) (Ht 0.310) Pt.# 329-877
Super Redhawk 454 Casull (Orange) (Ht 0.310) Pt.# 329-691

See You At The Range