Originally Posted By: johnwilliams
I was curious as to how many feet/inches at that distance.I realize you are using the increments on the scope but just curious what the actual feet/inches holdover is.

Got it.
1 MOA is 1.047 Inches at 100 yards or approximately 1" at 100 yards. MOA is an angular like a pie piece so as you go further out it is further in distance.
Example: 1 MOA at 100 yard is 1", 1 MOA at 500 yards is approximately 5", and 1 MOA at 1000 yards is approximately 10".

So, at 825 yards, a 1 MOA correction for wind would move the reticle to the right or left approximately 8.25".

Since it takes 20.5 MOA of elevation to hit the target at 825, I am basically elevating the crosshair 20.5 inches high from my 100 yard zero bulls-eye to hit the target at 825 yards.

I use the reticle like a yardstick, but it is in MOA instead of inches-Simply shooting by the numbers. It takes the guesswork out of LR shooting.

Bullet drop from the bore to 825 yards is 208.2 inches.

This is a good question which may shooters both rifle and handgun alike do not fully understand. Once you take the mystery out of it, and add some true info, what seemed impossible is very possible.

Ernie the Un-Tactical