I gotta say, Im a bit astonished there hasnt been more mention of the 6x47 Lapua and the pros and cons? HOW is it going to compare ballistically to the others mentioned?

It's starting to "look like" they all are pretty much in the same ball park ballistically UNLESS you want to shoot 500 yards plus with 105-115 grain HIGH BC bullets.......?? For that I'd probably go back to the 6.5x284 barrel IMO.

Of the four mostly discussed the 6x47L is the only one I cant use anything else for brass AND cant use factory rounds BUT simple resizing of 6.5x47 is a plus. THAT SAID, it still is running "neck and neck" for first place in my choice. Go FIGURE!

Right now, if choosing today (stictly by capabilities) it will be between the 243AI and the 6.5x47 L. Choosing by Cost overall, the standard 243, standard 243 brass, and ebay dies is far and away the leader. Lapua brass still an option but not mandated and it HAS served well for years for thousands.

Mix in that the 243AI only requires a bit more expensive dies, it really is a good one for me. (Back to where I started, LOL)

Doubt I WOULD know the difference between any but still have to decide!

Someone go out and shoot 243, 243 AI, 6x47L, and the 6mm Super LR with 95 grain hunting VLDs and give me a range report. ROFL.

(Told you I was a nutcase)

GodBless for ALL the help. Gotta love considering the options, eh??

Last edited by SKR; 05/21/2010 1:11 PM.

Thanks for putting up with me and GOD BLESS!
Steve