Greetings,

I have been lurking for about 3-4 weeks now and decided to go ahead and mix it up.

Names Sam and i'm currently stationed in Warner Robins GA. Been here for about 2 years and just decided to pick up hunting as a hobby. Bought a remmington 770 (i think) rifle to hunt with, havent been yet but decided i would rather use a handgun. I had been research the desert eagle since 07.

I read alot about not being good hunting guns and more of target shooting guns. I thought hmm... if i can hit a target with it why not game? So i picked one up a month or two ago, in the 41 caliber, at a gun show. After searching 2 weeks for ammo i just bought a .50 slide and barrel and just converted to a 50. I soon learned of the cost of these bullets. So i have picked up reloading. I also picked up a scope i paid 70 bucks for. Wish i had done a bit more research before that purchase.

So far i have put 80 rounds through the gun 40 store bought and 40 i made myself. Mine had a bit more kick to them. Anyway i found that i am more accurate at about 25 yrds iron sighted than i am with the scope. I will be paying to get it sighted in before i hunt.

I have also been reading The ultimate guide to handgun hunting by Clair Rees (not from Silence of the Lambs). They said wait until you can group 8 shots at 100 yrds before heading out so i have some practice to do.

I had a few questions to get me to this 100 yrd mark.

1. Can anyone recommend a good scope for the gun? The one i have when pushed back stop the shells from ejecting, and when moved forward its burning at the bottom. Open to red dot but want to be able to hit my mark at at least 100yrds.

2. Should i pay to get it sighted in or try and do it myself?

3. Anyone recommend a good accurate bullet to load with?

Thanks in advance guys.

Sam