Got wool socks also. Its been about 50 in the mornings here so not expecting a blizzard or the need for anything too heavy.

Will the deer and hog smell insect repellent? Also may have to skimp a little on my binoculars as I need a new sight for my gun...

So I go to the range to sight in with some shooting sticks I got from walmart (crap) the would compress when I rested on them so I will be getting some shooting sticks this week. Anyway so looking through my sight I let loose the first round. Damn sight went out...so im clicking it on and off and it comes back. Fire off one more and it went out again. So I click it again and nothing happens. I then start to take the sight off to examine and the damn lens falls out. While picking up. Shells I found the bezel of the lens. Turns out first shot knocked it off and second moved the lense. The sight is a BSA PDMS. So what I have learned when dealing with firarms is don't skimp because you end up buying everyhing over again. Oh did I mention this was my first trip to the range with the new scope. Think I will grab what you S&W 500 guys are using.

Typed this with my phone so excuse the errors.

Sam