Whit, I went threw my pack with in the last month. I put a LOT of “stuff” in my ice chest. I put my bone saw and extra knife in my ice chest along with all the field gloves baby wipes, extra flash lights and all the other game cleaning gear in there. I know just carry two lights, a very light weight head lamp and a small mag light. I use 95% of everything I take. What I don’t use on a daily basis is a small first aid kit, a whistle/compass, a small role of toilet paper (call me snoody if you want,) a small role of duck tape and the wood saw. But if I am in the “back” and need to haul a game animal out the wood saw and duck tape will become quite handy when making a contraption get my game out.

Call me crazy if you want, but what I carry is under 20 pounds and a LOT easier to carry than the 40 pound tuba a lug every were. LOL

I guess the knife is just personal preference. I just prefer a 4-6+ in blade for dressing, skinning and quartering. I have smaller blades and I just don’t care for them. LOL

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin