The Leupold is the M8 2x EER (it's the older version of what they're calling the FX-II now.) You can usually find a gloss one for $150 or less in decent shape, but the matte finish ones are harder to come by if you care about such things. The little bit of overhang doesn't seem to affect the objective lens other than to cause a little powder residue build up on it. Magnum Research suggested using rubbing alcohol to clean the lens and it does a pretty decent job. The rings are Magnum Research see-through variety although with the way they're made you have to mount the turrets next to the rear mount to keep the scope as far back as possible which predisposes it to sliding in the rings. I used a little of the spray adhesive on the inside of the ring surface (someone on this site recommended it) along with loctite on the ring screws and it has stayed in place since. The rings are weaver style so they do leave marks on the scope tube if it manages to slide and when you put them on. I've used the set up for multiple deer in Minnesota without a hitch. I like the old CCI/Speer 325gr Unicore factory loads as they have the least tendency to jam as long as the gun is reasonably clean (the dirtier the chamber is the more likely a piece of brass will hang up under the scope.) PM me if you would like more info.

Last edited by bobhanson1; 10/20/2010 11:55 PM.