cool!

i have the 35 remington rimmed in a contender. the barrel a factory 35 remington super 14", with a counterbore cut for the rim.
i made 150 cases from winchester 303 british brass. you run the british into a 35rem trim die and cut off the excess. then deburr etc n run into the standard 35rem sizer. you have to fireform them to the final shape. it was a bunch of fun and great practice to fireform 150 cases with blue dot powder and 158gr hornady xtp's(.357" pistol bullets).

my load is also 39.0gr of h322 with the 180gr hornady ssp. i get 2188fps. it has accounted for 3 deer at around the 200yrd mark. one a nice 13 point that rough scored in the mid 130's with no deductions.

it has been my first choice for deer for a few yrs now. i like it a lot.

lonerider was a good bit of help while i was developing loads etc. it is kinnda funny that i ended up at the load he had used(39.0gr of h322). he had recommended powder n bullet etc, and even told me the max load he had been up to, but not his final load. we ended up the same!

if i were doing again a 358jdj might be an easier option. i'd probably not load it to it's potential though. 2150+fps with the 180gr ssp works great as is, and is all the recoil i need. ssk barrels are pretty pricey though, if a jdj is chosen. hmmmm....one could do a rechamber a lil cheaper maybe. but, overall i'm happy with the 35rem. it's all i need.

35rem rimmed and 30-30AI are my two choices for contender deer rigs. i want to work another load for my 30-30AI with 150gr balistic tips sometime. my current one uses 130gr ssp hornadys, which are on the soft side at closer ranges.

lonerider is a great fellow. a man can do worse than to listen to his advice from experience also.

Kentucky….no place like home.