Here's a fun read....

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/show...light=armadillo

Intruder in the night......
I step on to the front porch of my small cabin and listen for the noisy approach of my night time intruder. I step slowly from the front step and move silently down the path through the woods. In my right hand is my old 44, a Smith & Wesson model 29, loaded with 250 grain Keith style hard cast lead. In my left hand is my SureFire Defender light.

I move silently down the wooded path, my feet search for the soft earth in the center of the path, avoiding the rocks. I hear the rustle of leaves from my intruder as he moves slightly to my left. Is he trying to flank me? I stop and listen. I turn my head to better locate the direction of the sound. He is closer now, not moving away, he's here for a show down. My pulse quickens as I listen. Is he moving to better his position? I check my own position. I'm in the open pathway, no cover, my silhouette protected only by a dark row of cedars behind me. I am unable to move to cover without giving away my position. The darkness is my only concealment. How could I be so stupid? He is closer now I hear his every move, there, slightly to the left. No! In front of me! He is close, it is now or never, I must make my move.

The light is held high, above my head and out a little left, the big forty four comes up in one smooth easy motion, eye level. My left thumb punches the soft rubber cover on the light switch and a world of light beams before me. The kind of light for an actor on a stage, but where is the actor. The orange-red insert in the front sight picks up the light and is easy to see. It settles quickly in the rear notch. Where is he?

A second passes then two. There! Slightly to the left, I see his distinctive armored hump. The front sight settles in the middle of the hump, my right trigger finger already holding the trigger back more than half way. I steady the gun. The forty four barks in the still darkness. A flash of fire and the light shows the intruder. In just a fraction of a second, I see him go down and roll over as the shot echoes across the creek bottom. The threat is gone! I relax and move forward slowly with my spot light on his last position. A quick sweep to the left and right to check for his back-up. Nothing. I move in and find the big bullet has done its work. A gaping hole in the middle of the armored torso of my nocturnal intruder. One less armadillo, one more training scenario completed. Time for a cold one!