I don’t like stepping on toes but I am afraid that I have already done that unfortunately. Frankly I could have handled that better and I owe you an apologize Gemihur. My wording could have very easily been misunderstood and for that I am sorry.

I didn’t realize that I went on a soapbox... I view the 30-06 as the Father and Grandfather of SO many cartridges today that I think even JDJ himself would have a hard time comparing. And I think that is saying something. But again, this is JMHO...

Originally Posted By: TCMan
It is what you want really. Just think of it this way, you are going to loose 300fps (on average) when you go from rifle to pistol.

Something else for consideration. Do you handload? The 308 does very well for the handloader because they can customize the load for the shorter barrel. You might do the same for the 30 TC. EG, I can get 2800fps out of my 270 Win short gun with a 130gr projectile when I handload for it properly. Factory rounds don’t do as well. LOL

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin