So here is the setup, I'm on my second 45LC/410 barrel, you would think I learned the first time around. I know the inherent limitations of the setup but I want it to work. Shotshells work fine, formed from 444 Marlin brass they are cheap, easy to make and do just what I need. The problem is the colt side of the equation. I first tried the 45 colt case because I had some already loaded, not too bad, I could hit a pie pan at 25 yards so I though there was room for improvement. I though I would first move to the 450 Mongo since I had plenty of 444 brass lying around and if my accuracy improved I would buy the 9.3x74R brass (at over a buck a piece, ouch). Well, the 444 brass didn't help any. I have tried blue dot, 2400, tight-group and a last ditch effort with a whole bunch of loads using Varget. I though I could get anything to shoot with Varget, its my go to miracle worker, nothing though. I tried both large rifle and large rifle magnum primers to make sure all the power was getting burned, loads w/ and w/o polyfill, hot & mild loads and still I'm lucky to hit an 8x11 sheet of paper. My only limiting factor is bullet selection. I only have 230g RN pb, 200g SWC pb, and 200 JHP's but I though I could get one of them to group a little. I'm not asking for the world, I would be happy with 4" at 25 yards; I could probably do that with a slingshot and a little practice. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it, I'm about to give up on the caliber for a second time (but even if I do, like a crazy girlfriend I'm sure it will be back).