I do not hunt turkey, but I have a turkey story for you. I live in the Texas Panhandle where trees do grow wild and it is mostly irrigated farmland. I did not know that there were any wild turkey around here. However, a couple of days ago a gobbler & five hens were walking down the middle of US Hwy 385 in front of my house (about 1/2 mile outside the city limits). I had to stop and the car that was going south also stopped to allow them to wander to the side of the road.

Today at noon I went home and noticed them in the wheat field just north of my barn. I was in the house and had the wooden back door open --- just the glass storm door was closed. I heard a noise and looked out. The gobbler was standing on my porch, looking at his reflection in the storm door and was not happy. He started flogging the door and pecking it. I thought it was pretty funny so I walked right up to the door. When he would peck the glass I would tap right back at him with my finger on the glass. He was getting more upset and really started fighting the door. Finally, I decided to run him off for fear that he would break the glass.

Pretty enjoyable lunch period today.

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.