IMHO, many of us have gravitated to hunting with handguns for the additional challenge. Often, for me at least, choosing to use a handgun, especially a wheelgun, places additional limitations on the shots that I will take. Thus, one must consider whether it is more important to "bag an animal" or to "hunt with a handgun." My point is that you may need to pass a shot that would be reasonable with a rifle and come home empty handed.

For me, that is part of the satisfaction of hunting with handguns. I am willing to pass a shot if I am not comfortable with it and I do not mind if I do not "bag an animal." If your attitude is the same, prepare to hunt with your revolver. However, if "filling you tag" is important, think about it.

If I understood correctly, you have killed only five animals. Compared to many of us that is a small number. I likely would not have been ready to become a handgunner at that point in my hunting experience. Only you can answer the question for you.

BTW --- there is no wrong decision here. Make your choice, go have fun, and good luck.

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.