Well gasixgunner I congratulated you on your shot, its your reasoning that I "badmouthed" and I don't apologize for that. I did not say that my son's shot handguns at long range, they don't, they use rifles, but have only taken game at extended distance twice each & thats because they couldn't get closer. So....we are not related.
I doubt any of the gentlemen you attach yourself to would say that did it on purpose, most likely they did what they had to do, just guessing. Talking strictly big game here. I doubt anyone of them ever backed up to make a longer shot out of it. I have talked with JD a number of times over the years, had several articles in the Sixgunner back in the late 90's, also Dr. Rogers, don't know Mark Hampton but I've never heard anything but good about him or any of the others.
My gripe is the fact that you make it into a game, you've already stated next year it will be 1000-1200 yds, well, its legal so have at it. As for those who are in favor, they are intitled to their opinions, just as I am.
When I was into single shot handguns I did a great deal of long range shooting on varmints, I've also shot handgun competitions all over the country, at one time I was ranked #7 nationally in USPSA revolver class...but, we are not talking about my ability or yours to hit long range targets, this is about shooting & killing big game animals at extended distances.
Was that antelope the one & only one you shot at during your hunt? Not doubting your ability, just your reasoning.

Dick

Last edited by sixshot; 07/11/2011 4:37 PM.