Originally Posted By: jwp475

No one is stopping Dick from anything, but your claim defies logic and all known terminal ballistics

Since I hunt only deer, it is based on experience in the field, not from books.
Hard and slow cuts a hole. Add some velocity and internal damage increases. Go too fast with the same hardness and you again have a hole punch with needed energy wasted out the other side.
Perfect energy in the right place at the right time for the size of the animal which in my case is deer.
Change the alloy and all velocities work.
Throw the book in the trash can.
The 1300 to 1350 fps perfect position I have is based on hard boolits of about 22 BHN or more.
JWP, if you are shooting 12 to 14 BHN boolits you have no idea what I am talking about because what you use will work.
The .44 is in the right position to use hard and accurate boolits. So is the .475 and the .500 JRH.
The .45 Colt is better with a little softer and so is the .454.
Even the .44 will work better with a little softer on animals but my loads are based on accuracy first and that might escape you.
Come clean, what hardness boolits do you shoot?
Seems that Dick loves a hard boolit for accuracy above all else but with a soft nose and he is 100% correct.
Why do you insist on picking fights? I will not be baited!
We were friends until I said bad things about Freedom guns and I am accused of pity????