Jim, your opinion of the shortcomings of FA revolvers is laughable and irrational. My feelings aren't hurt in the least, so get over it. When you say something that is patently untrue, you are going to be called on it. You seem to deal in absolutes, whereas there are no absolutes in this world.

Firstly, I don't like shooting/hunting with bullets softer than 20 BHN nor harder than 24. The fact is, the Belt Mountain Punch bullet, which will not distort at handgun velocities at all, will leave a bigger wound channel, the faster you run it. That is a provable fact. The same applies to hardcast until the nose is degraded. To claim otherwise is ignorance.

Secondly, if you look in the Big Bore Forum at AR in the Terminal Ballistic thread (this is a comprehensive bullet penetration test), you will find that brass solids with a flat nose leave a larger wound channel at higher speeds just like they do in a revolver. To claim otherwise is again, ignorant.

I too have significant experience in the field on a wide range of big game. I personally am not going to take a chance on a softer bullet. You can believe and use whatever you wish, but when you post falsehoods, I will call you on them. Don't shun books, they're not all bad and frankly I don't understand your aversion to them.