I'm not bent out of shape I'm actually laughing along with the others I mentioned. There are many more of the accomplished hunters on here that feel the same as I do but they know where the conversation will lead so they figure why bother, but for me I figure both sides need to be told. I know your feelings on jacketed bullets and I have no issue with that and I even stated both types of bullets have their pro's and cons but somewhere along the line that was missed. What brought this on was the post on the hunting forum about the 357 and then the picture of a swinging pendulum and I understand perfectly where he's coming from as I've studied physics quite a bit in the past but animals don't swing and don't get knocked over just from being hit by a bullet unless you hit the sping or a major bone that stops them from being able to stand. What generally puts them down is the internal shock wave from a bullet and different bullets produce different shock waves and if you take it step further you get into the frequency of the shock wave which is determined in this case by bullet design and shape and velocity as well as placement. A higher frequency shock wave will do more internal damage than a low frequency wave which is why a small caliber high velocity rifle round will do more internal damage than a slower larger projectile.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist