Originally Posted By: jwp475

Quote:
Although I remember being told hydrostatic shock wasn't even a real term a while back by someone on this forum

They are correct, the proper term is "hydraulic pressure"

Well I guess all the sources that use it are wrong, the two are the same.

As for the energy transfer I already corrected that unless your saying that when a bullet impacts a medium the potential energy in that medium dosn't become kinetic which is why you see a shock wave go through a gelatin block when it's hit by a projectile. This is the same thing that kills animals quicker

As far as my background it's interesting. I turned down opportunities to attend engineering school as well as law school, and med school. I don't like egotistical .jackasses and I don't think enough of mankind to want to help it and I couldn't pick and choose who I helped unlike my business I have now if I don't like someone I won't build or sell them a gun. I guess you could say I'm a relic that stands on principle, honor and integrity and money dosn't mean enough to compromise my beliefs. My father and Grandfather were engineers, most of the technology you use on a daily basis when you use a ATM or a card reading machine of any type was engineered in whole or part by my father. I bucked the system and decided money wasn't worth living like a lab rat or being answerable to corporate bs.

Last edited by wapitirod; 09/03/2011 8:38 PM.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist