You folks are way above my head. I have various degrees, but none in the physical sciences. Therefore, I think it is time for me to speak.

None of you are going to convince the other. The rest of us do not care.

Man eating grizzly bears have been killed with 22 LR (accidently hit in the ear). If you hit a whitetail deer in the foot with a cannon ball, he will get away.

Let us agree to disagree and drop the personal attacks.

My opinion is that it is much more important "where you hit them" than "what you hit them with."

My father, a rifle hunter, did not think that he needed anything but a Winchester model 94. He did not. If I described the shots that I have witnessed, most on this forum would question my veracity. I have had many tell me that no one could reliably hit a deer through the heart area off-hand with an open sighted 30-30 at 250-300 yds. Guess my father was just a lucky man, because I have seen it on more than one occasion. He was a very good shot & he knew his gun.

My point is each of us are individuals with our own limitations and abilities. Likewise, we each have our own belief's (pet theories, etc.) and we each make it work for us. I personally prefer jacketed handgun bullets. I can cite situations when I saw cast bullets used that caused me to lean the other way. I have also had jacketed bullets that did not do exactly what I expected them to do. INMO, the problem with applying physical science to hunting situations is that nothing is static. I know enough about the physical sciences to be dangerous, but I recall all of the assumptions than must be made.

If what you are doing works for you, keep it up. If not, look at some alternatives. But always remember, "It is more important where you hit them than what you hit them with."

It's more important where you hit 'em, than what you hit 'em with.