I am looking for some intelligent insight on a red dot scope for a ruger new sbhh 44.
it currently has a burris 2x on it, but i was thinking about switching to a red dot.
I was recently at the local Cabelas and was shopping for one.
when I told the guy behind the counter what I wanted it for, the response was that- I couldnt possibly know what I was doing because NO red dot scope can hold up to the recoil of a 44. How stupid of me.
A response I find to be so typical anymore from the fat, out of shape, opinionated wannabe know it alls that infest so many gun shops these days.
So rather than unleashing 14 years of martial arts training on this fat toad and driving him into the ground like a tent stake just for the sake of making myself feel better, I decided to just walk away and take my money somewhere else.
I know that some red dots are better than others, and I know some of them are real junk.
I figured I could count on the great folks who cruise this forum to give me some good guidance. I read your forum all the time and a lot of people seem very knowledgable and always willing to help.
Any suggestions ??