Originally Posted By: Team Amish 1
reloading will not really save you money - you will probably find out that you can just afford to shoot more with the same $$$ which is not bad either.

you may find out, though, that, once you get the hang of it, your own QC will result in better quality, more consistent ammo that is more accurate than off the shelf gun candy.

if you look around for hard cast lead bullets and a cheap 8lb keg of a decent powder, you may get a plinking or practice load well below the afore mentioned $16 per 50.

HS-6 and bulk primers can be had for a lot less if you get together with buddies and place a bulk order, e.g. with Powdervalley.

One thing I like about the spread sheet is that it breaks down the cost of each round, so I can tell that bullets are by far the most expensive thing on there. If I want to try a differnt load I just have to put in a few values, its mindless. I found some cheap plated bullets that brought my total down to $12 for 50 but I am not sure I want to use them.

Thanks for powder valley, I had never heard of it so I guess I will give them a try. My plan is to buy 8# of powder in what every I buy so I can develop loads and leave them there, not changes due to batches, no paying shipping again, and I am sure that it will last me long enough that when its time to buy more powder it will be outrageously expensive and will have saved me plenty.

My main objective is to be able to shoot when I want and not get sticker shock every time I buy a $30 box for plinking.

On a side note, has anyone used this rest? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/517357/...isting-_-517357