Originally Posted By: Mark Hampton
Safari Club International will publish a record book for handgun hunters (IF) they can receive enough entries. I have never been a record book kind of guy but I do feel this has the potential to promote handgun hunting; even if it's only within the SCI membership. Truthfully, handgun hunting can use all the traction it can muster. SCI is launching a campaign to recognize and support alternative methods.

The 2012 Safari Club Convention, Feb. 1-4, being held in Las Vegas, more or less launches SCI's campaign toward promoting Handgun Hunting and other alternative methods (muzzleloader and archery.)

A handgun hunting seminar is being put on by Larry Weishuhn and Mark Hampton Friday Feb. 3 at 2:30 pm (unless the schedule changed.)

Mark and I have been invited to promote his book and my video in the SCI record book booth at the convention. As Mark stated, SCI is pushing for handgun hunters to enter their trophies so that they can publish a handgun hunting record book.

This should benefit all handgun hunters and will serve to help educate more people about the sport, as well as bring more hunters into our ranks.

If any of you would like more info you can send me a PM.