I have had many conversions (Clark) in 460 that I have played with over the years. My latest is on a Colt Series 70 SS Reissue, and I do love the performance. I have not taken a critter with mine to date, but I started playing with 250 grain bullets last spring/summer, and hope to have suitable loads worked up for this year.

I am assuming that you are thinking about big game hunting with it, and as such it is a little tricker than big bore revolvers. Meaning that to get into reasonable hunting bullets, you almost have to look to non-acp made bullets. The .452 diameter stuff works great, but you really have to pay attention to your reloading techniques, and the way the gun is set up if doing a conversion. You do not want to have feeding problems that would cause bullet setback. And you may find that many of the wider meplate stuff may not funtion/chamber well. Like other wildcats that push the velocity of tradtional for that caliber bullets, you have to be a little creative in bullet selection.

I would also add that the power is definately there, and for me I shoot my Rowland more consitently across the boards than I do loading my 454 to similar power levels. Whereas SA's are pretty picky about shooting technique, a ramped up 1911 is much less so, for me. The comp on the Clark Conversion works amazingly well, and the lack of muzzle rise is pretty astonishing.

On the 1911, the conversion really pushes the gun design to the outter limits, as such you really need to pay attention to how your gun is set up, and especially to your reloading practices/techniques.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred