Rio,

I would guess that a barrel from Rowland would be a clark. The upside to ordering from Clark is that you can send your slide to them and they will check for fit. I am still puzzled how this can be done with just a slide, as when I have spoken to Clark they told me they fit using a Kimber frame. I purchased all of my barrels through Brownell's with my discount, probably why I have so many over the years.

Adjustable sights are a must in my book, especially if you are going to play with heavier bullets. Also helpful if you want to also shoot acp's. I had Novak do my S70 slide with their adjustable combat site, and am totally happy. It was about 120 bucks, and a week of time.

Nice to see Clark is updating their page with newer 1911's. I guess this means they are still "interested" in the Rowland.

Craig

Edit: The pictures on Rowlands site sure do show a Clark Conversion. And I finally found a picture of the R1 enhanced. The front fiber optic might give me slight pause. It might not hold up to the recoil, and if you shoot lead the comp will certainly foul it. Not insurmountable, but food for thought.

Last edited by Bearbait in NM; 01/07/2012 2:47 PM.

Northern born and Southern bred