Originally Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Rio, welcome to the darkside. I think the R1 is a good choice, as long as the sight cuts are not goofy in dimensions. For the Rowland you really need a dovetail front, just to keep the sight on the gun. I could not tell from photos but I assume it is pinned. With the roundtop slide and dovetail rear you are probably going to have fewer aftermarket choices that are just "drop in", but once you nail down the angles of the cut, you will know what you have for choices. Just make sure whatever you choose is good quality. If you buy something like a MMC or Champion or other lesser types that have moving parts, the Rowland can eat those up. been there done that ;^)

Remington states on their web page that they use a Novak cut, but that must be for the enhanced model because I measured the dovetail width at .330 which should be a standard GI and a Novak rear is much wider.

I am planning on using drop in LPA adjustable, but just for development as I want to eventually go to nite sights and don't want to spend a lot of money and be cutting bigger dovetails until I know where I am at. If the sight blows up it will be no big loss as I have found where I can get one for 50 bucks.

But thinking further I may just use the fixed sights, because I can calculate what I need after I find where it is shooting.

Last edited by RioHondoHank; 01/08/2012 10:31 PM.

Hank