Handgunhunt

few squirrels with 22 revolver

Posted By: silent sniper

few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/28/2011 1:39 AM

Well I found yet another challange to pursue. I started shooting with my dads h&r double action 22 revolver. I had always believed that a longer barrel ment more accurate. And while I think a longer barrel is easier to shoot accuratly, I believe that a short barrel can be just as accurate as a long barrel, chip in you guys if i am wrong. anyway I decided I wanted to kill a squirrel with this little 4 inch barrel revolver. after I few failed attemps I decided to go all out. I went out one morning before light dressed head to toe in camo. I snuck up under a good mast tree. as soon as it got light the squirrels rushed in. i had 3 in the tree at any one time. after a few close misses i decided to get 5 yards from the tree and wait for the squirrels to come down the tree into my lap. I looked up and there where 2 squirrels a foot apart about 10 feet up the tree. i slowly raised the pistol and lined up on the right squirrels head. I squeezed the trigger and the squirrel dropped ! I couldnt believe it. I put a finisher in the squirrel and focused on the other squirrel. It ran up the other side of the tree. I snuck around and saw it laying on the tree facing me about 25 feet up. I lined the sights up and shot. the second squirrel dropped and fell literally at my feet ! I couldnt believe that I had got not 1 but 2 squirrels with the little revolver. I was very happy with them. I will definetly be out there again looking for some more squirrels with my revolver. enjoy SS
Posted By: KRal

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/28/2011 1:53 AM

Congrats! Skirrel hunt'n with a handgun is very challenging and rewarding! It's some valuable practice for big game hunt'n.
Posted By: junebug

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/28/2011 1:59 AM

The short barrels are just as accurate ,but as you said a longer sight radius is easier to be accurate with. Way to go on the squirrels!
Posted By: Muddy

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/28/2011 3:04 AM

Great Job Sniper! Squirrel hunting and .22 hand guns just go together.

Dan
Posted By: dc74

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/28/2011 1:49 PM

nice shooting ...
Posted By: lagbolt44

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/28/2011 2:04 PM

Great job!A great way to perfect your trigger squeeze!
Posted By: esoxman50

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/28/2011 3:12 PM

Good eating as well, and much easier to get out of the woods than a deer or elk.

Joe W
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/29/2011 7:43 PM

nice shooting!
Posted By: wyote

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/29/2011 8:45 PM

Good going SS!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to get a chance at those one of these days.
Posted By: jajwrigh

Re: few squirrels with 22 revolver - 10/31/2011 3:40 AM

Great shooting!! I tried my 4" Ruger 22/45 earlier this year and I came very close to hitting one, but to this point I haven't been successful. After deer season is done, I will definitely be back out trying it some more!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums