Handgunhunt

new handgunners

Posted By: jamesfromjersey

new handgunners - 12/04/2011 9:52 PM

While looking at the bragging board I can`t help but notice all the new faces that have taken this seasons whitetail with their handguns. For some it was their first kill with a handgun, but for all its the satisfaction in knowing that you are now a member of an exclusive club known as "handgun hunters". Congratulations to all.... I have included this picture that was taken awhile back to show that no matter how much experience a person has, at some time in their life we were all the same.
Posted By: texasbilly

Re: new handgunners - 12/04/2011 11:05 PM

im new on here but i think i have a cool story .i have shot a doe with a 380 auto about 20 yrs ago she walked under my stand from behind me and i couldnt get my rifle turned in a sitting position . then i remembered the 380 that i carried for snakes so out it came and down she went.looking back it wasent a smart move but it got the job done the gun was a lorson one of the cheapest guns you can buy but the deer was 10 ft under me . luck and god was on my side oh and i never used the gun to take a deer again
Posted By: mikefrompa

Re: new handgunners - 12/04/2011 11:38 PM

James my friend,you said it all!
Posted By: Russell

Re: new handgunners - 12/04/2011 11:46 PM

Amen.
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: new handgunners - 12/05/2011 12:00 AM

I'll second that James. Who is that strange guy in the photo? I can't wait to get my first deer. Should be exciting. Maybe High Adventure Ranch would be a good place to go?
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: new handgunners - 12/05/2011 1:50 AM

You are the man James!
Posted By: 500WE

Re: new handgunners - 12/05/2011 2:00 AM

wvhitman,
Missouri seems like a long ways to travel. Maybe if you work real
hard at it, you might be able to find a deer somewhere in West Virginia. Then if you practice shooting a lot you might be able to get one!

Ken O'Neill
Posted By: SChunter

Re: new handgunners - 12/05/2011 2:01 AM

James - agreed...congratulations to all the new handgunners, and those that are "young at heart"?

Doc, hope you get one...
;\)
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: new handgunners - 12/05/2011 2:04 AM

Mine goes back to 1990--man that seems like a long time.
http://www.handgunhunt.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1043
You have to work hard to get one with a handgun-- it is as fun now as it ever was.

Congrats to all the new guy's

Posted By: Franchise

Re: new handgunners - 12/05/2011 2:11 AM

Well written James!
Posted By: minnesotahunter

Re: new handgunners - 12/05/2011 5:02 AM

Great post. I'm one of the new guys kinda. Just joined a couple years ago, and only started handgunning a couple years before that. I have really enjoyed getting into handgun hunting, and will never go back to the long guns.

This is by far my favorite hunting site. It has been great getting to know people here. There really is a great sense of community.

The info and encouragement I got here has been a big part of the success I have been lucky enough to have with handguns.

It just ads another twist to make hunting even more fun.

MN
Posted By: Midwesthunter11

Re: new handgunners - 12/09/2011 5:06 AM

I have hunted there and yes it is a good place to hunt! Got a texas doll sheep
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: new handgunners - 12/09/2011 5:56 AM

good form James.
I rank in there as one of the newer faces of handgun hunting, and have to admit, I realy enjoy seeing all of the stories and experiences from you "old guys" lol.

thanks a bunch

Jeff
Posted By: texasbilly

Re: new handgunners - 12/09/2011 6:17 PM

you guys are great best thing i have ever been a part of .great websight!
Posted By: Jeffx

Re: new handgunners - 12/09/2011 8:25 PM

Well said James... and as for me this is an Awesome site and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of Guys ( Friends) to talk with to rout you on and help you out. Being a little disable , after a Terrible life changing accident 7 years ago the Dr's said I would never walk again or use my hands much less get out in the field/woods to Hunt. Hunting has been a passion of mine since I was a kid. I have been hunting for almost 37 yrs and 20+ with Handguns that my Dad turned me on to. After my accident it left my right hand in bad shape and a bad left leg , but I never have up hope or faith.
and now , with a site like this and Guys like yall and Friends I have made and have had the pleasure to Hunt with has made it all worth keeping fighting for.
I'm not the best handgunner here by far... I just try real hard to overcome my disabilities . Thanks Guys for making this a Great Site!!!

Jeffx
Posted By: wyote

Re: new handgunners - 12/09/2011 9:45 PM

I sure do like seeing every ones trophies and reading the stories.
Posted By: ahandgunhunter

Re: new handgunners - 12/09/2011 10:30 PM

atarted my handgun hunting adventures 20 years ago at the age of 19. been hooked ever since.been on this site for about 3 years check it almost daily. sometimes just lurking and not signing in. great people and great site still miss the great magazine that use to be printed.
Posted By: dc74

Re: new handgunners - 12/10/2011 1:29 AM

well said james shot a fare amount of game with handgun and that fire will not go out ...and am glad ..
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums