Handgunhunt

50 POSTS

Posted By: zatback

50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 1:44 AM

apparently i can't look at the classifieds until i have at least 50 posts here so I guess i better start writing!
Posted By: chiefbg

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 1:51 AM

zatbach,

I don't believe that you must have 50 posts to view the classified adds, I think that only applies to posting items for sale there.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 1:51 AM

Whack 'em and stack 'em brother!

We love knowledge ;-)

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 2:06 AM

Originally Posted By: chiefbg
zatbach,

I don't believe that you must have 50 posts to view the classified adds, I think that only applies to posting items for sale there.

If that's the case I guess I don't know how to view them, cuz I can't seem to find any. lol
Posted By: KRal

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 2:13 AM

Cuz ain't none there....
;\)

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 2:14 AM

Originally Posted By: KRal
Cuz ain't none there....
;\)

Ain't that the truth :-(

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 2:18 AM

That makes sense!
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 2:58 AM

Gary might need to look at that, the 50 post limit was to stop people from just coming on here to sell stuff and not participate plus if someone is around for 50 posts it gives everyone else a little bit of time to get to know the person.

For whatever reason the previous format of the classifieds seemed to attract both more sellers and buyers. I can't count how many guns, scopes and reloading equipment I sold on the old format but for some reason stuff dosn't seem to move very fast now although I'm sure the current economy isn't helping.

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 3:08 AM

Quote:
For whatever reason the previous format of the classifieds seemed to attract both more sellers and buyers.

This is just my opinion, but I find that the categories make it a bit of a pain. It is so much simpler to just have one classifieds and count on your ad titles to point the right folks. The way it is now you have to open five different folders to see 2 items. Again, JMHO.

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 3:19 AM

Hmmm
Posted By: SBHunter81

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 3:33 AM

whatcha lookin to sell or buy zatback?
Posted By: Gary

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 4:08 PM

Quote:

This is just my opinion, but I find that the categories make it a bit of a pain. It is so much simpler to just have one classifieds and count on your ad titles to point the right folks. The way it is now you have to open five different folders to see 2 items. Again, JMHO.

So you can click on the word classifieds on the menu with out selecting a dropdown and it will show you all classifieds or you can click on the classifieds word in the breadcrumb and it will show you all of the items.

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 4:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary
 Quote:

So you can click on the word classifieds on the menu with out selecting a dropdown and it will show you all classifieds or you can click on the classifieds word in the breadcrumb and it will show you all of the items.

Yeah, Gary. If we have just one forum called classifieds and all the ads show in a single list. Then you don't have to worry about mis-classifications either. When I post an ad for WTB barrel, now I put it in "barrels" and "wanted to buy" to get the most play. If it is all one list you can just pagedown until you see an ad title that interests you and then open it. It would be the responsibility of the OP to write a descriptive ad title but I think we can handle that. Again, JMHO.

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 8:33 PM

Okay, I was clicking on classifieds and then handguns from the drop down and wasnt'seeing anything. But, if i just click on the classifieds i get it. I just didn't know what i was doing! ( not that i do now )

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 8:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SBHunter81
whatcha lookin to sell or buy zatback?

Just window shopping right now but hope to be buying maybe a 357mag someday.
Posted By: Gary

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 8:39 PM

You weren't doing anything wrong - there aren't any handguns for sale at this time.
Posted By: SBHunter81

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/30/2012 11:09 PM

With these guys, no wonder, they would buy them all in a heartbeat :-)
Posted By: BuddyB

Re: 50 POSTS - 01/31/2012 1:18 AM

The 50 post rule has kept me from putting one of my revolvers up for sale here. It will take me a long time to get that many posts because I like to look more than talk. I've posted less than a dozen times but rules are rules and I do like the site.
Posted By: notrab

Re: 50 POSTS - 02/02/2012 2:25 AM

Originally Posted By: zatback
apparently i can't look at the classifieds until i have at least 50 posts here so I guess i better start writing!

you need 50 post to post a classified. I talked to someone what gave the reason and it is fair.
cheers
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums