Handgunhunt

New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk.....

Posted By: 243fan

New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/09/2012 6:02 PM

What are the chief differences between the Ruger New Model Blackhawk and the Super Blackhawk?
Posted By: claytonfaulkner

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/09/2012 6:11 PM

The super blackhawk is 44 mag
Posted By: SBHunter81

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/09/2012 7:14 PM

Probably going to have to be more specific. There are various models of each. Clayton is correct that the super is 44 mag, however there are some new models that are also 44 mag. The difference being that the entire platform of the super is meant to handle that caliber.
If you want to compare specific models that would allow for a better answer.
If you want to know more of the history and why the Super was designed, I'd be happy to expand on that info as well.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/09/2012 7:29 PM

Originally Posted By: 243fan
What are the chief differences between the Ruger New Model Blackhawk and the Super Blackhawk?

There are a couple of versions of the New Model BH, the newer one is smaller than the original and has a little less steel around the holes so you can't run them as hot as the original New Model. The Super is pretty much unchanged and can handle just about anything you want to feed it, as you can with the origainal New Models.
Posted By: stoney

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/09/2012 7:43 PM

The only New Model Blackhawk® you can get in .44 Mag is the Bisley Model with 7 1-2 in. barrel. The difference is you can not mount scope on the New Model Blackhawks like you can on the Super Blackhawk Hunter and Bisley Hunter. Click below to see the New Model Blackhawk® Bisley in .44 Mag

New Model Blackhawk Bisley
Posted By: rlb

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/09/2012 7:55 PM

Steel grip frame on all of the supers also.
Posted By: blondie1520

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/10/2012 8:04 PM

Don't like the lock under the grip, never use it in a 100 years. Gives me a reason to convert to a Birdshead down the trail.
Posted By: EricS

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/10/2012 11:07 PM

I've been looking at the New Model Bisley in 44 mag and 45. What kind of pressure can they stand in comparison with the Super Blackhawk
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/11/2012 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: EricS
I've been looking at the New Model Bisley in 44 mag and 45. What kind of pressure can they stand in comparison with the Super Blackhawk

Same frame, same capacity.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/11/2012 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: EricS

Same frame, same capacity.

Yep.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: New Model Blackhawk vs. Super Blackhawk..... - 02/11/2012 4:45 AM

As they say at that place where I get the fish wraped with the rice and seaweed--

Same-ting Same-ting-- Same-Same
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums