Handgunhunt

7mm bellm contender from tcu

Posted By: mingokid

7mm bellm contender from tcu - 08/19/2012 4:27 AM

I am considering this rechambering. Anyone have any experience or insight with the 7mm bellm contender cartridge (14 inch)? MK
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: 7mm bellm contender from tcu - 08/19/2012 6:35 AM

I haven't used it but everything I've heard is good and Mike is probably the best guy in the business at chambers. It gets pretty technical but I can tell you his procedure for doing chambers is far and above 99% of shops and comes from his years of building match grade bolt guns with Ackley as his mentor. I've been learning from him but he's still the top in my book. Most guys just do the normal basic centering of the barrel and run the reamer in on the lathe which is what I was doing but Mike spends alot more time and effort in making the perfect chamber. And in full disclosure I am biased as he's a good friend of mine but as a fellow gunsmith he impresses the hell out of me.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: 7mm bellm contender from tcu - 08/19/2012 9:37 AM

Mike Bellm is a very good guy, and his son Kurt too. Just got a 357 max barrel from him. You wont be sorry.
Posted By: tmaker

Re: 7mm bellm contender from tcu - 08/20/2012 1:30 AM

I have a 7mm bellm made from a match grade machine blank and it is super. It is by far the most accurate barrel I have ever had. It will shoot clover leafs if I am on my game.
Posted By: Mitch1352

Re: 7mm bellm contender from tcu - 08/21/2012 3:21 PM

Mike did an action job on my G2 just before he began concentrating mostly on barrel work, and from talking with him, I got a PhD in reloading, headspace, chambering and lots of other Contender stuff. He struck me as almost "mad scientist"-like with his knowledge and passion for getting it exactly right. I would love to meet him sometime and learn some more. My G2 is perfect.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums