Handgunhunt

What is your dream handgun hunt?

Posted By: reflex264

What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/28/2012 10:20 PM

This may have been posted before. May need refreshing if it has. What is your dream handgun hunt? If you already did it what was it?

Mine is a Maine moose with my .45 Blackhawk. Starting next year I am going apply every year till I get lucky. reflex264
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/28/2012 10:44 PM

Bull elephant......
Posted By: nytracker

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/28/2012 11:01 PM

I am thinking Alaska brown bear/ moose.... Hey you said it was my dream hunt .... im gonna dream big!!!
Posted By: paul0

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/28/2012 11:08 PM

Red Stag in New Zealand.
Posted By: wyote

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/28/2012 11:39 PM

Black bear on the beaches of Alaska with my FA 454. I would want a boat not only to hunt bears back in the coves with, but for setting some traps/pots for shrimp and crabs and bottom fishing for what ever I could catch.

I wonder how much butter I would need to take to take on a trip like that?
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 12:06 AM

mountain nyala, Marco Polo, markhor, not necessarily in that order.
Posted By: pab1

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 12:12 AM

Moose using the SBH my dad left me. A bull would be nice but I'd be just as happy with a cow.
Posted By: Gary

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 1:12 AM

Cape Buffalo & a Lion with a rock star hairdoo
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 1:15 AM

Uff... so many species I would like to hunt some day, but..

Moose, Eland (any species as long as its an old bull), and wild bison.

There are others, but these would be awesome, and top out my list
Posted By: Darrell C

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 1:59 AM

Red stag in new Zealand Paul 10 that would be a super buddy hunt , my 7mm/08 and you
Posted By: cfish2

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:10 AM

If your going to dream dream big. Here goes. First I hit the lottery for 150 million. Then I purchase a bombardier global jet. I then fly around the country picking up a few of you lucky bums and first we make a stop in Alaska where we take on griz and moose. Then to Russia to hunt bear and sheep. Then on to Africa where we shoot everything that moves. I want to use my soon to be new to me custom 475 linebaugh. And of course I would need my own custom gun maker to accompany me just in case I need something tweaked. Of course he will be hunting as well.
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:21 AM

An elk, with my 480.
Posted By: EricS

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:22 AM

That's a tough one for me since my big game handgun hunting experience only includes whitetails and hogs. I guess it's a toss up between a trip to Africa or a brown bear hunt. Both of those are out of reach for now. I still have at least 8 species left to matk off my list and I'm sure each of those would be a dream come true.
Posted By: KRal

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:53 AM

I have many dreams....some dreams are about dreams...but to start with, I'd say Alaskan big game hunt (All)! After that, Africa would be nice.

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 3:17 AM

So no one wants to come along on the around the world all paid hunt. Lol!
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 4:04 AM

Originally Posted By: cfish2

OK Craig;

And can I film it?

LOL!

My dream hunt is one where I am healthy, seeing lots of game, and sharing it with either my son or my wife or a good buddy; (a loved one) and they are also hunting.

And with my Custom .475 Linebaugh that Rod built for me. Loaded with bullets cast by my good buddy Fowler.

And right here in this great country: The USA!

Game? OK, since it is a DREAM: How about a big, bad, Kodiak Island Bear. And after that successful hunt, followed by a successful wolf hunt and a successful Dall Sheep hunt.
Posted By: Odin

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 4:31 AM

Just once more I'd like to hunt whitetails with my father. Heck, I'd settle for just walking out to the blind in the dark.
Posted By: Darrell C

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 12:00 PM

Red stag in new Zealand Paul 10 that would be a super buddy hunt , my 7mm/08 and you
Posted By: reflex264

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 12:21 PM

When are we leaving???????
Posted By: Boot

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Odin
Just once more I'd like to hunt whitetails with my father. Heck, I'd settle for just walking out to the blind in the dark.

Amen.
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 1:09 PM

A moose, bear, and caribou hunt in Alaska with my TC’s, and I wouldn’t just take one either… LOL The caliber selections would be chosen from:
Encore’s: 16.5in 35-06 JDJ , 17.5in 375 JDJ, or a 15in 338 Fed

Contender’s: 14in 375 Win, 15.75in 357 Max, or 14in 445 SM

The best I could do is narrow down the side arm and say it would be a 4 5/8ths SBH in 44 or 4.75 SRH in 480.
Posted By: Jeff686

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 1:22 PM

Odin, I appreciate the reminder that the hunt isn't just about the hunting.

My dream would be a fall without responsibilities. A dream season instead of a dream hunt. A season dedicated to whitetail, squirrels, crappie, hogs, and ducks. Waking each morning before daylight to prepare for my day in the woods instead of my day making someone else money.

Before anyone says it: Be careful what you wish for! That old catch 22. I can't afford a season of hunting and fishing without the job that keeps me from having it.

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:10 PM

Originally Posted By: reflex264

When are we leaving???????

As soon as my numbers pay off

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:13 PM

Honestly, every hunt is a dream hunt. The lead up to it, knowing I'll be spending quality time with my kids and friends. Right now I'm dreaming of opening day dove season. It's been a family tradition to spend it with the family having an early BBQ finishing up at noon when the season begins then sitting around the dinning room table eating dove casserole. My dreams are that I will be Ble to do this with my grand kids some day.

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:21 PM

I am working on sharing the experience with my children now. I now understand why my Father had more fun letting me shoot game when “we” were in the stand…
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 2:28 PM

One of my dream hunts may be coming true in a few weeks -- a Javelina! I don't know why, but I have wanted to get one of those since the day I saw a picture of one. Once I get to midland, and I get the new crews rolling, I'm gonna be looking for a place to get one.

My dream "shot" is to go end for end on a hog or coyote with the 460 throwing at LEAST a 300 grain dose of medicine. I can't WAIT to see what that looks like!
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 3:36 PM

Dreams and reality are way different. Dream....some type of full curl sheep. Reality I hope to go west someday after a color phase bear. Blonde or cinnamon would be cool and a chocolate would be nice. I want to spot and stalk since I have never hunted that way for one.
I'd also like to go south and hunt red bear and jags with a friend who hounds them.
Posted By: 45colttc

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 5:01 PM

hogs in south Texas!!!!!

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 5:20 PM

Howdy and Welcome Abard 45Colt-TC! Looks like you are in the right area with the right equipment... LOL

Just remember, we like pictures! LOL

Duane
Posted By: bfr4570

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 6:14 PM

1000 yd Elk hunt with a kill.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 6:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bfr4570
1000 yd Elk hunt with a kill.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 11:40 PM

I thought you and I were going to borrow the company jet and go to Alaska. We still need to work on my flying and especially landing skills too
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 11:41 PM

If any of you have seen the last buff hunt on "Black Death" that's what I want. A major adrenaline rush at point blank range with one of my short barreled big bores and iron sights.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 11:50 PM

Well, Bin Laden is taken soooo....either a full curl white ram or a huge Grizzly. Rod would be wrestling with him over a slab of bacon, Whitworth would have loaded me some awesome .500 JRH ammo, and Gregg would catch it all on film as I take him before Rod knifes him for that bacon slab!!! That would be awesome!!

An albino Alaskan elephant or a Florida Polar Bear wouldn't be bad either.LOL
Posted By: mikefrompa

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/29/2012 11:53 PM

South African plains game with my Magnum Research 454.
Posted By: ssphunter

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/30/2012 1:52 PM

Cape Buffalo in Africa with My 14" 375 JDJ would be my dream and I'm hoping to acomplish that before I'm too old to enjoy it. I'm hoping in a couiple years but my banker will have the last the last word on that. LOL
Mike
Posted By: tradmark

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/30/2012 2:46 PM

bull elephant lion combo with my FA 454.
Posted By: Shortgun

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/30/2012 7:57 PM

Well, as Odin said, hunting with my Dad again would be nice..

My dream hunt would be to be able to go out west somewhere and take a GOOD bull elk with my T/C handgun in 35 Whelen and have by best friend on earth (my wife) standing by my side as I drop the hammer on the elk. She really wants to go and be there with me and truly understands what that would mean to me.

cfish2, can you reserve me a seat on that jet????
Posted By: Franchise

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 08/30/2012 9:20 PM

Takin
Posted By: Seasons44

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 09/01/2012 12:44 PM

Dream Hunt as of right now elk in the mountinas of Montana and be able to make a up close and personal shot 30 yards maybe, closer the better. That would be done with a 500 linebaugh I wanna build next year.

That will be a reality, but dream hunt maybe cape buffalo or water buff in argentina, This is a tough!

Ok I will settle for a fat whitetail doe with my 44 (.429 mag) and be able to blood my revolver. That would make my season this year, well I won't complain if its a nice mature buck either
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 09/01/2012 12:56 PM

go to Africa,take Kudo for sure so many more animals to choose from not sure after Kudo-john
Posted By: SChunter

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 09/01/2012 2:13 PM

I haven't responded to this post yet because I'm torn:

1. Handgun moose/brown bear combo hunt in AK

2. Wheelgun buff hunt in Africa followed by some plains game followup.
Posted By: sc1911cwp

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 09/01/2012 8:15 PM

I'm thinking about high mountains with Dall and Bighorn sheep.
Posted By: Dekker

Re: What is your dream handgun hunt? - 09/02/2012 1:12 AM

Mountain hunt for Marco Polo sheep with my GreTan XP100 in 7.82 Patriot.

David
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums