Handgunhunt

ummmmmmm dont tell the warden

Posted By: nytracker

ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/29/2012 8:57 PM

I bought my blackhawk today.... wont be able to pick it up for a week because of work and open hours at the pistol permit office...Got the never fired in the box but not new one, from my other post, at a little better price than asking
Now i need sugestions in factory ammo for north east size deer, and practice ammo.Wife may kill me as this is my third gun this year...
Posted By: Jeff686

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/29/2012 9:11 PM

The following week will be a long one. I just got my 44 SBH in and waiting for it drove me crazier. Now to learn to shoot it before deer season!
Posted By: paul0

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/29/2012 9:14 PM

What she don't know won't hurt you. Wow ,sounds like your pistol permit office works a LOT faster then Dutchess Cty where I am. My last add on took 5 weeks.

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/29/2012 9:35 PM

5 weeks to register a pistol ??? or get your permit or background your pistol???
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/29/2012 9:44 PM

What is really stupid is that is what the FICS was instituted for. Oregon used to have a "cool off" period on handguns but as soon as the FICS system went into effect it was lifted. 4 places I wouldn't live, NY, CA, IL, and DC. I feel for the guys that do have to put up with their tyrannic gun laws.

As far as a good factory ammo, I don't use it anymore but Winchester, and Hornady are two good places to start.

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/29/2012 10:14 PM

I should clarify that I had to wait to get mine because I ordered it on the internet from out of state. Texas! 5 weeks is unacceptable.
Posted By: Boot

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/29/2012 10:58 PM

My Super Blackhawk Hunter, and my standard Super Blackhawk, both love Hornady 300gr xtp for factory loaded stuff. I also have good results with magtech ammo.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/30/2012 1:00 AM

I promise I won't tell!
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/30/2012 4:54 AM

Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission
;\)
Posted By: paul0

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/30/2012 1:05 PM

Nytracker, it takes anywhere from 2 to 12 weeks in Dutchess Cty to register a new pistol on an existing cc permit. The pistol permit clerk basically holds all the apps until she has a pile about an inch thick then they go to the judge for his signature, she blames it on the judge. Either way with todays technology it is ridiculous..

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/30/2012 1:09 PM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
;\)

I live by this.....
Posted By: bfr4570

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/30/2012 4:40 PM

Just lay it around when she sees it. Just say that old thing I had it for a while. Works everytime got to whatch color of guns though. They know the difference between shiney silver and blue.

Hope my wifes not reading this
\:\(
Posted By: HoggHunter

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/30/2012 10:13 PM

I buy jewelry for her at the same time, costs me more, but she is always up for a new gun, because she knows she's getting something, sometimes she even asks" Isn't it time for a new one ?" which I know means THE NEW JEWELRY CATALOG IS OUT!!, but there are never suggestions or accusatons of me wasting our money
Posted By: sc1911cwp

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/30/2012 11:23 PM

Registering a handgun in SC is immediate with a CWP.

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/31/2012 7:38 PM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
;\)

lmao thats what i used on the last one ....
\:D

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 08/31/2012 7:41 PM

Originally Posted By: paul0
Nytracker, it takes anywhere from 2 to 12 weeks in Dutchess Cty to register a new pistol on an existing cc permit. The pistol permit clerk basically holds all the apps until she has a pile about an inch thick then they go to the judge for his signature, she blames it on the judge. Either way with todays technology it is ridiculous..

Paul we had the same problem in Chemung but I think they were taken to task for it ... the lady retired and there was a new sherrif in town...
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/01/2012 1:01 PM

My wife told me years ago after the "this will be the last one,I promise"phrase never to say it again because I didn't really mean it,shes right!-she does shoot with me and when a new gun is adopted into the family she doesn't ask questions anymore-john

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/01/2012 2:17 PM

got a bad look from the wife the other day when a friend wanted to unload his trooper- recently inherited from his ex-cop father in law - for four hundred bucks, because he lacked that much to get a second m&p .40.......... when I told him what I thought it was worth, all he could say was "really"

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/02/2012 1:32 PM

wow ....just the look .....I get the look if one of my buddies mentions wanting to sell a gun ... not even mentioning money or intrest.Next question ... how much you get it for ?

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/03/2012 3:38 AM

it's not something i really want, and my wife broke her kneecap the first of June, so we have been living on one paycheck since then, and we purchased sme additional property this summer, but mebbe come christmas time if he still thinks he wants that forty...

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/03/2012 3:00 PM

Hogghunter,
.. sorry for your wife I hope she is doing better. Hope things pick up for you when she gets on her feet .

Last time I mentioned a new hand gun to hunt deer with my wife asked me ..." how many guns do you need to have ".... I thought for a second and smiled and said ...'All of them " she rolled here eyes and walked away spitting and sputtering.

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/03/2012 3:22 PM

Originally Posted By: nytracker
Hogghunter,
.. sorry for your wife I hope she is doing better. Hope things pick up for you when she gets on her feet .

Last time I mentioned a new hand gun to hunt deer with my wife asked me ..." how many guns do you need to have ".... I thought for a second and smiled and said ...'All of them " she rolled here eyes and walked away spitting and sputtering.

I always use the shoes argument -- they can never seem to have enough pairs of shoes, well I can't seem to ever have enough guns......

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/04/2012 5:10 PM

Shoe argument wouldn't work on my wife as she probably has a half dozen pairs all practical. She did buy her first gun this weekend though!
\:\)

I think she's taken the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach.

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/07/2012 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff686
Shoe argument wouldn't work on my wife as she probably has a half dozen pairs all practical. She did buy her first gun this weekend though!
\:\)

I think she's taken the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach.

Yup pratical is my wife ....not alot of new shoes or clothes at any given time ... she never throws them out ..... she has dresses from 30 years ago....

Re: ummmmmmm dont tell the warden - 09/07/2012 12:47 AM

Got my sbh on tuesday ...... boss says I dont have to work this weekend .....weather permitting I will be shooting this weekend

God this has been a long week .
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums