Handgunhunt

NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend

Posted By: HoggHunter

NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/15/2012 9:52 PM

HA Ha started a new tradition in getting ready for the big game opener in the Southern tier. We start Saturday, guns are checked 12" Encore 7-08 is ready to ge, 12" 209x50 ready for black powder season and the 4 5/8 SBH and 5 1/2 RH with the new ORH and fiber front lookin'for their opportuniities, and finally because of my age...... a colonoscopy....are you kidding?...nope got that done today doc says I'm good to go as well good luck to you all
Posted By: dc74

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/16/2012 12:11 AM

good luck to you hogghunter sounds like you got everthing covered...
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/16/2012 12:50 AM

Good luck man, and good luck to everyone on Saturday.
Posted By: paul0

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/16/2012 1:33 PM

Same here , Striker in 308 is ready as is the M.O.A in 6.5 x 47 lapua. Striker will get the opening morning call in the woods ,then the MOA for the long range setup. Good luck to all and be safe.
Posted By: nytracker

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/16/2012 6:07 PM

Yup ... I wont sleep a wink tonight....Havent slept the night before deer season opener since I started .... something like 32 years now ... god I am old.... This year will be worse as I am hunting with sbh,first handgun hunt , and I have 3 shooters on my property...good luck to every body ...
Posted By: bigbore442001

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 1:33 PM

I wish all of you the best in this endeavor. Too bad Big Tim Sullivan's baby prevents me from joining.

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 3:33 PM

Just minutes into the season, an eight point showed up at 50 yards, I had left the revolver in the house, and was carrying only the 7-08 encore. One tag done.Pic in the bragging board, noit sure how to get it here
Posted By: EricS

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 9:03 PM

See if that works
Good job on the buck. Starting the season off right. Posting pics aren't that difficult. I had to read the instructions last week.
Posted By: rob-c

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 9:08 PM

i had two 170 lb does down by 7:30 and i could have shot more if i had more tags.shot them with my 870 with a red dot love that red dot.i just got my pistol permit a few weeks agoe so i cant wait till next yr, i will be packing the revolver..

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 10:29 PM

Thanx Eric, I can't find that tutorial, thanx for the help.
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 10:37 PM

Shot a doe with the slug gun early as i didnt get any during bow season. Then hit a buck with the 44 smith. Did a backflip then fell down and kicked. Got up and ran off with no blood anywhere. Very odd. Then shot another doe tonight with the 7wsm striker at 330 yards. Man those 140 VLDS work well! Band flop not even a kick. Buck patrol now. Maybe get some more doe tags and fill the freaser
Posted By: dc74

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 11:16 PM

sounds like still had great day ..was there hair from the buck ?.
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: NewYork Southern Tier Starts this Weekend - 11/17/2012 11:50 PM

Nothing i could find. Very odd. Even where it was down kicking no hair or blood. And there was a good frost so it should have shown up
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums