Handgunhunt

Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns

Posted By: BobRos

Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 2:02 PM

Does anyone ever wonder why more pro's on the hunting shows (other than Larry W) dont' use handguns? This forum should compile a letter from it's members and send it to some of the shows to see if they'll listen. We are consumers also so their advertisers shouldn't have a problem.
Posted By: bigbore442001

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 2:49 PM

I believe it may have to do more with their sponsors. I do agree. I'd like to see more handgun hunting on the shows.
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 2:50 PM

I have only seen a couple other's use short guns. But i haven't even watched a hunting show in two years. They just dont seem real or informative. Make one that shows how to hang a stand properly and how to feild dress a animal and we might have some thing. Sorry for the off topic.
Would watch a handgun only show for sure
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 3:02 PM

It would be awesome to have a show dedicated to handgun hunting, I can see it now ------Handgun hunting the world with------ who is our man.
Posted By: minnesotahunter

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 3:27 PM

Ahhhhh I would volunteer.
;\)
Posted By: rlb

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 4:03 PM

Originally Posted By: minnesotahunter
Ahhhhh I would volunteer.
;\)

I'll be your partner.
Posted By: 358429

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 4:49 PM

Everyone knows that handguns are only meant to kill people...
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 5:22 PM

Originally Posted By: 358429
Everyone knows that handguns are only meant to kill people...

Someone failed to inform me of that.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 5:28 PM

Sounds like Harry....
Posted By: bfr4570

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 6:05 PM

Well it would be up close and personal show. Since you can only kill a animal at 50 yds with a hand gun.

I wonder how much energy my 338AX would have at that range?
Posted By: 358429

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/01/2012 6:29 PM

Whitworth

Unfortunately that is what a lot of people think. I spent a lot of time in court and prosecutors, operate under the premise, that if you have a hand gun you must be planning to shoot someone.

As I have stated in a number of places in this forum, the ethics and maturity of the membership are commendable. The cast for a show about hand gun hunting is right here..
Posted By: EricS

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/02/2012 1:22 AM

I think it is sponsorship also. The whole purpose in sponsoring a hunting show is to sell a product and the market isn't that large. I do see alot of intrest from new handgun hunters but most of them are wanting info on hunting with their 9mm carry gun. I would like to see a few more just to help legitimize handguns as sporting arms.
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/02/2012 3:27 AM

For what its worth I remember Jim shockey doing a little segment on using alternative weapons (he is big in SCI, and as we know SCI is doing a push to support alternative weapons) and named off a few including handguns, which he stated he hadn't filmed a hunt with, but soon would. So maybe we will see ole Jimmy using a shortgun soon.

probably will be a TC as that is what he is sponsored by.

I agree though, it would be fun to see more tv shows or atlest DVDs featuring handgun hunters

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/02/2012 2:16 PM

TC's product line is shown on so many shows, it's like they forgot about the handgun line.

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/02/2012 2:18 PM

Everyone should log on to the TC website and lobby for more handgun action.
Posted By: chas3stix

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/03/2012 2:16 PM

I saw "Gunny" Ermy using a 10mm Glock on one hunting show.Want to know where the money is in hunting shows? Just look at which rifle of choice the "Pros" are using this year.TC has spent a ton getting their new rifle(Dimension)showcased this year.
Posted By: Jeffx

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/03/2012 9:04 PM

It's all bout the $$$$$$...just my opinion...FWIW, I have been using T/C for a long time and MY DAD has had T/C guns (Contender's ) since 1969. T/C has: like yall said forgot about their start and followers with their HANDGUN dept. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against Revolvers , I have a few myself.
Larry Weishuhn has had some great TV shows on his Handgun hunts and I have meet him at the VA sport show and he was full of good knowledge., but you notice he has started using Ruger Rifles and differnt ammo companys now...Cause its all bout the $$$$$!!!!
T/C has spent a lot on that new Dimension Rifle and most every pro hunter that they can pay and give that rifle too, has one in their hand. Besides its a lot harder to kill game animals with handguns, thats why the big money pro's on TV are not doing it.
I sent a few pic to T/C and Barnes of my kills and they said "With a Handgun, seriously you have got to be kidding me" nope here's the pic. So I guess yall are right , there only good for shooting people, and 50 yds if your lucky? Sorry got carried away!!
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/03/2012 10:06 PM

Quote:
Pro Hunters

that kinda strikes me funny
\:D

i guess it is a hunter that gets paid?...or is it one that is just good? i'm sure there are lots of guys on here that i would consider more of a "profesional hunter"
\:D

sorry fer the sidetrack....but do not want to see anyone set theirself below these guys. if you've hunted most or all of your life, you are just as good as they are, maybe even better....but without the pay.
;\)
Posted By: Slingshot

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/04/2012 12:03 AM

I'd say that the majority of the folks that do these shows would not be capable of making a sound handgun shot on an animal. Lots of archery shows. Would love to see some episodes dedicated to hunting with handguns.
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/04/2012 12:25 AM

After some thought on this, there are folks right here on this site who meet the criteria for a handgun hunting show, and on these so called pro hunters, I can count on one hand the one"s that get my respect, I learned a long time ago that it"s not how you hunt it"s where you hunt, that is why people hunt out of state.
Posted By: llhunter

Re: Getting the Pro Hunters to Use Handguns - 12/04/2012 1:32 AM

Amen!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums