Handgunhunt

Nikon BDC reticle in the Z force HG scope

Posted By: dasbear

Nikon BDC reticle in the Z force HG scope - 01/24/2013 11:38 PM

Last month I was looking over new scopes and saw a new offering by nikon a BDC reticle in thier Z force 2-7 handgun scope. Has anyone had their hands on one? What was your impression? Has anyone put it through the bench test to see how practicle the hold over points are?
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Nikon BDC reticle in the Z force HG scope - 01/25/2013 12:10 AM

I haven't seen that one yet but I like their 2x fixed scopes but when they introduced the Encore it never seemed to take off and from what I understand it was plagued with problems so I'd want to see what people think after it's been in the field for a while.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Nikon BDC reticle in the Z force HG scope - 01/25/2013 1:31 AM

I have a BDC in a Pro Staff 3-9X rifle scope. I like it. NEver had the chance to really ring it out but on an AR-15 it worked rather well.
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: Nikon BDC reticle in the Z force HG scope - 01/25/2013 2:30 AM

I have an "encore" 2.5-8 and it works. you MUST enter the correct figures into the spot on app for it to work correctly. I have not shot game with it but on paper it is plenty accurate for hunting purposes.
Posted By: dasbear

Re: Nikon BDC reticle in the Z force HG scope - 01/26/2013 1:54 AM

looking on nikon site I was wrong on the power range it is a
2.5-8 w/BDC I played around with spot on last night and it seems just like all BDC's there can be some big blanks in between aimpoints however with that in mind Spoton gives you top, middle and bottom of each of the 2 circles below main crosshair
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums