Handgunhunt

any barrel accepting problems with yer G2?

Posted By: KYODE

any barrel accepting problems with yer G2? - 06/12/2005 6:07 PM

i just ran into a 35rem barrel that would not close at all on my G2 frame. since it had been dedicated to my 30-30 improved barrel.....i had not tried another on it yet.

all i had to do to get it to close, was slightly round the bottom corner of the barrel lug and the bottom corner of the breechface of the G2 action.

any similar experiences?
Posted By: deadeye

Re: any barrel accepting problems with yer G2? - 06/13/2005 12:10 PM

i work in a gunshop in mn -we were told by a distrbuter(bill hicks)that tc had a batch of bbls that were not working on g2 frames ,but they didnt know why...

Re: any barrel accepting problems with yer G2? - 06/13/2005 12:18 PM

this 14" 35rem barrel is an older model, but does have the split locking bolts. it has what i call the lifesaver candy type muzzle crown.

the bottom of the barrel lug itself was what hit inside the frame and needed relieved.
Posted By: magman

Re: any barrel accepting problems with yer G2? - 06/14/2005 12:30 AM

Kyode, Did it work on the regular contender? Just wondering.

Re: any barrel accepting problems with yer G2? - 06/14/2005 2:03 AM

sure did. i put it on a ss frame and it worked fine. after minor fitting it's gonna work fine on the G2 also.
Posted By: magman

Re: any barrel accepting problems with yer G2? - 06/15/2005 12:34 AM

Glad to hear that. Didn't want you sell you a lemon old buddy

Re: any barrel accepting problems with yer G2? - 06/15/2005 12:48 AM

oh heck.....no way i'd blame you for that
an interesting thing i've noticed before starting to handload for it. a older box of factory ammo i have here when in the chamber sits .002" below flush as measured with the bellm headspace indicator. will be interesting to see if she misfires. if it does.......no problem. i'll fix that also if i have to.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums