Handgunhunt

My new Encore .243 Hvy Brl

Posted By: Hawkeye

My new Encore .243 Hvy Brl - 06/14/2005 11:25 PM

Finally got me a 6MM. Picked this Encore up with a Custom Shop Rifle barrel that had been cut off, and a break installed. 15 3/4" long with a rifle forend. The trigger is crisp and just right for hunting. I put a Bushnell 2x6 on it. That's all I have at the time. Waiting on a 3x12 BPlex Burris.
This barrel really likes Varget with a Sierra 100grn SP or the Hornady 87 BTHP. Both will shoot great. The target is the last one I shot with the 100grn Pro Hunter bullets. Don't laugh at my dingy old bullets in the case. They are Sierra 6mm bullets my dad bought about 20 years back for his Rem 6Mm and I got them out of the garage attic. Just about 3/4" at 100yds. It was a hurried group with dark approaching. I know this pestol will do better.

Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: My new Encore .243 Hvy Brl - 06/14/2005 11:49 PM

it may just be me, but there is no better looking encore than one with a rifle forearm especially one that is walnut...imo. by the way that is a great group, rushed or not. kinda makes ya all giddy thinkin about what she'll do with time and tailored loads, huh? awesome rig!!!
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: My new Encore .243 Hvy Brl - 06/15/2005 1:15 AM

Hawkeye, it is awesome and so is the group! How ever, I am having problems keeping rifle forends tight on pistol length calibers, especially the heavy kickers.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums